It's summertime and the catfish are biting at SARL and Corona. That's right… They are now stocking catfish exclusively at both fisheries.
But they have a huge surprise for all you fishermen. As you may know, they own the largest catfish farm in the state of California, and they have been hoarding and growing the only supply of blue catfish in the state. They now have over 300,000 blues for exclusive stocking of SARL and Corona. Their current stock of these beauties ranges in size from 2 to as much as 20 pounds or more. They are so excited by these blue cats for many reasons, so listen up:
1. They are ferocious predators and will eat crayfish, mussels, frogs,
minnows, sunfish, suckers, carp and they love shad. They are a true game fish.
2. They eat dead baits, cut baits and worms, and even stink baits are excellent choices.
3. They are fast growers and live 20 to 40 years.
4. Blues are prized by fishermen not only for their size but also their
stubbornness and fighting ability when hooked. Once hooked, the angler will have a long tough battle.
5. Blues have a smaller head and they dress out with more meat per pound than channel catfish.
6. More information about blue catfish and the best ways to catch them will be on their website, fishinglakes.com, very soon.